A saleslady who survived last Wednesday's blast at a row of fireworks stores in Bocaue, Bulacan said Thursday that the "devil," a chemical used to manufacture firecrackers, caused the incident that left two people dead.
In an interview, the saleslady (speaking on condition of anonymity) told GMA News what she claimed she knew about the cause of the deadly explosion.
She said she saw fire in the cabinet where the chemical "devil" was stored, and alerted her employer Gina Gonzales.
The two of them, she said, tried to put out the fire with fire extinguisher and water, but their effort did not work. They decided to run outside.
As they were running for the exit, Gina turned back to get her bag with the cash. But suddenly, a loud explosion shook the store.
She said she managed to survive because her employer Gina pushed her through the door. Gina did not make it.