0
ADS


In his first televised speech in 2017, President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday expressed resentment at having to earmark P1 billion from Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) funds for the treatment of drug dependents, saying the money could've been put to better use.

"Kita mo the irony of life. Nag-release ako ng another one billion sa mga p— inang mga durugista na ito. Kasi the community-based treatment or rehabs there, whatever is going on there, wala silang perang pambili ng medisina," he said during the oath-taking of his new appointees in MalacaƱang on Monday.

"So just imagine, one billion which could have been used for something like feeding the hungry. Napunta sa mga ulol hindi ko naman... gusto kong patayin lahat eh magkakaroon tayo ng eskandalo. So I had to subsidize also the... eh Pilipino eh," he added. 

Last month, Duterte said he would spend P1 billion from a P5 billion remittance from PAGCOR for treatment for addicts.

Meanwhile, in the same speech on Monday, Duterte promised "heavenly peace" if people involved in the drug trade just stopped their activities. 

"Tapos itong mga human rights, do you want the killing stopped immediately tomorrow? Puntahan mo ‘yan sila. Drop, just drop the shabu. Turn your back and walk away from the shabu industry and tomorrow it will be heavenly peace. Wala nang mamamatay diyan. Iyan lang ang deal ko," he said. 

"Kaya sabi ko ngayon, pero kung magpatuloy ito. Itong mga ito nakita na nila they have a good idea of how it evolve. Makita na nila kung papaano. Now ngayon, kung papasok pa sila diyan, naghahanap talaga sila ng kamatayan," he added. 

Duterte also addressed his critics who urged him to be a statesman. 

"I may not be really be the ideal public official that you’d want me to be. Sabi, hindi raw statesman. Eh p— ina statesman, ang kinuha ko law. There’s no such degree as statesman. Bakit mo ipilit mo sa akin ganon, statesman, statesman? Wala ka naman ginawa sa bayan mo," he said. 

"Hindi na bale hindi ako statesman, basta patay lang lahat ‘yang mga g— drug lord diyan. Talagang mamatay ka, sigurado ‘yan. Sabihin ko talaga, kayong mga drug lord," he added. 
This then prompted him to talk about the billions in shabu seized in San Juan last month
"Kaya ‘yung isang tonelada doon sa San Juan, kung nandito ako sa Maynila, at may tumawag, ‘Sir meron dito.’ Dalhin kita sa likod sa apartment, barilin kita doon," he said. 

"Tapos sabihin ko, ‘Sinong gustong sumunod?’ Totoo. Ganon karami, isang toneladang shabu. P— ina, you are ripe for the kill. Huwag mo akong, do not," he added. —JST, GMA News


SOURCE:GMA NEWS
ADS
Loading...

Post a Comment

 
Top