The five female companions of suspects in OFW slay outside a Quezon City bar last Saturday are willing to cooperate with the police in solving the crime.
In an interview on dzBB Saturday morning, Quezon City Police District chief Senior Supt. Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar said the five students, who turned up Friday at the police headquarters, expressed willingness to cooperate with authorities.
"Nagbigay na sila ng kanilang mga salaysay at sinabing wala silang kinalaman sa pambubugbog ... at umawat pa umano sila," Eleazar said.
We need to compare their affidavits with other pieces of evidence we have gathered so far.
"Posibleng magiging witnesses sila sa murder charges na binabalak namin na isampa laban sa mga suspect," Eleazar added.
Last Thursday, the QC police chief announced that they have started the search for the four suspects in the mauling to death of a vacationing OFW Abigail Gino Basas.
He said they are eyeing murder and frustrated murder charges against the suspects identified as Fritz Mohamed (main suspect), Cyril Rada, Earl Grande, and one alias Jammil.
Basas' companion Lloyd Melvin Lizondra was seriously injured in the brawl, but is now recuperating in a hospital.
Ealier, Eleazar said that one of the suspects might have used brass knuckles during the brawl, inflicting fatal injuries on Basas.
Police investigators were able to secure a group photo of the suspects inside the bar, according to an earlier GMA News report.
"All of them could be considered as suspects on this murder case," Eleazar said earlier last week.
Last Saturday's brawl started when Basas, a photographer in a cruise ship, accidentally bumped Mohamed while on his way out of the bar.
Mohamed was then seen on CCTV telling his friends about the incident, prompting them to chase the victim and his companion who were then already at the bar's parking lot where the brawl occurred. —LBG, GMA News