Fidget spinners are the ‘it toy’ nowadays. Most children, and even many adults, own at least one fidget spinner. However, just like any other toy, fidget spinners could be dangerous when swallowed by a child.
Johely Morelos from Albany, Oregon gave her 5-year-old son, Cayden, constant reminders about the dangers of using fidget spinners after reading a story about a girl from Texas who choked on one.
She told her son: “I showed him pictures and said, ‘Never put that in your mouth.”
As expected, her child did not listen to her and ended up swallowing a fidget spinner. The panicked mom immediately rushed her son to a nearby hospital. Unfortunately, they were unable to get the toy out of his chest. They then transferred him to a different hospital.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
“It was super scary. When they were putting a tube down his throat, he was throwing up blood. It was really scary for me to see he was in pain.” Johely said.
Luckily, Cayden recovered from the incident following surgery to remove the fidget spinner.
Because of this terrifying experience, Jphely hopes to raise awareness so that similar accidents would not happen to anyone else.
“I think it would be nice to know that these bearings can come out, when [kids] drop it,“ the 23-year-old mom said.
Does your child also have a fidget spinner? Does he/she tend to put the toy inside his/her mouth? Let us know in the comments section!
Add Content Here
Visit and follow our website: WE BLOG PH
© WE BLOG PH